SSH Server Problems

Preventas Latinbits latinbits at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 20:09:17 UTC 2006

Hello,

I recently installed Edgy Knot3 in my computer and for some reason i can not
make the SSH service to respond. I have my computer connected directly to
the internet thru the modem so i have not port fowarding to do. I can
restart the server and no problems are reported. I have not done any changes
to the configuration file and i also configured the firewall (Firestarter)
to allow anyone to access this port from the outside. The only thing i made
different on this installation of edgy was that i did not create a Swap
partition. I think I have plenty of memory (2GB) on my system. I dont think
i t matters!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

C.A.C