Backups completely filling root drive.

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 26 14:37:34 UTC 2006

I have effectively destroyed two Kubuntu 6.0.6 installations while
attempting to copy to a mounted backup drive using cp -a.  When the copy
finishes, df says there is 0 space left in my / partition and I don't
know why.  The / partition is normally 10 gig with 3.5 gig used.

Now that I'm working with my 3rd install, I'd like to try and find out
what happened.

I have a feeling it has to do with the fact that the target drive is
mounted under /mnt/name but I don't see why that should have anything to
do with the space on the source partition.

Any ideas?  Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux