ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 25, Issue 257

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Mon Sep 25 19:41:16 UTC 2006

On Monday 25 September 2006 15:38, ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:
> Felipe Alfaro Solana :
> > On 9/25/06, Alexandre Franke <alexandre.franke at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On 9/25/06, Ulrich Steffens <ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> Then how come that *I* have XGL running with fglrx on my machine?
> >
> > fglrx doesn't support AIGLX, but you can still run Novell Xgl using
> > xorg-xgl Xserver.
>
> Speaking about that, did Ubuntu make a choice between the two of them
> (XGL & AIGLX) ? Is Ubuntu going to support one of them or both ?
>
> wattazoum
> *********

Nice to hear that it is working for you, but how did you do it? Can you direct
me to a correct explanation? I always have dependency problems with
compiz-kde (I use Kubuntu):

or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
  compiz-kde: Depends: compiz (= 0.0.2-4ubuntu2) but 0.0.13.57-0ubuntu1 is to
be installed
E: Broken packages

So, please, instead of saying that it works, show me how I can get it running.

Tx/Alain