root ftp access

nodata ubuntu at nodata.co.uk
Sat Sep 23 16:50:13 UTC 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 13.09.2006, 00:59 +0000 schrieb Rein Mann:
> Hi,
> I would like to have root access to my ubuntu-linux box from windows
> on the local network.
> Commenting out (#root) in ftpusers does not work.
> How can I achieve this?
> Rein

You don't want to do this. It would remove any security you have on your
Linux box. Anyone that wants the root password will be able to get it
with no effort.

Instead, use sftp. Google for "putty" and download the sftp program on
the page. You will see no difference, but your root password will be
safe.