Sticky GRUB problem

Frank McCormick fmccormick at videotron.ca
Sat Sep 23 18:13:54 UTC 2006

Somewhat of a confusing problem but try to follow along with me :)

I have Dapper on one partition (hda3) and Edgy on another (hda2). GRUB is in the MBR. Whenever the Dapper kernel is upgraded, GRUB updates the menu.lst in Dapper, but
not in /boot/grub in EDGY, so I have to manually add the new kernel to the EDGY menu.lst. As a matter of fact because GRUB is in the MBR, the Dapper menu.lst is not even referenced. It's there because GRUB used to be in the partition.

Is there a way around this manual cut/pasting?

Thanks