Latest Xubuntu-edgy dist-upgrade fucked my X

Luca Manganelli luca76 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 10:07:22 UTC 2006

Hi anybody,

a question of a relative importance.

I have a Pentium III 700-128MB RAM with Xubuntu edgy installed on it.
I dist-upgraded it on 1st september and all was working fine (except
for the unstable Firefox).
Totay I dist-upgraded again, the result is:

X11 is fucked.

If I do CTRL+F1 ... F6 it does not work: all I see is a blank screen.

Any suggestion?

Remember the infamous X11 upgrade on Dapper?

I wonder that a critical situation like this would be EASILY fixed in
some way in Edgy.

--
"Work only as many hours as you can be productive and only as many hours as
 you can sustain."  - Kent Beck, in "Extreme Programming Explained"

http://www.trapanator.com/blog