how to add entries to gnome menu

Jaime Davila jdavila at hampshire.edu
Thu Sep 21 16:55:32 UTC 2006

Marco wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to add other applications to the gnome menu. With "Edit Menus" option
> I can just enable and disable applications from the predefined menu but I
> can't find a possibility to add my own entries.
>
> Deskbar offers more application than are visible in the menu and the Edit
> Menu dialogs.
>
> Regards,
> Marco

In gnome:
Start->Accessories->AlaCarte menu Editor. The  click on the menu folder
you would like the new application to be in (games, Internet, etc.).
Then Click on File->New Entry. Then enter the information about the
program you want to add.

Jaime J. Davila
Associate Professor of Computer Science
Hampshire College