~/.xsession-errors infinitely growing

Lea Gris lea.gris at noiraude.net
Wed Sep 20 14:46:03 UTC 2006

Hello,

I ran into out of disk space in /home because of infinitely growing
~/.xsession-errors files.

It appear some updates ago /etc/X11/Xsession script was changed at line 94

exec >>"$ERRFILE" 2>&1

this cause errors to be infinitely appended to the file making it grow
without limits.

The file in my home directory reached 15GB (Giga Bytes) until I ran out
of disk space.

I have manually edited /etc/X11/Xsession and changed the offending line to:
exec >"$ERRFILE" 2>&1

If there already a bug report on-line please gives references.
It is critical as it render a system unusable quite soon.

Regards,

--
Léa Gris