Intel video issues.

Samuel Thurston, III sam.thurston at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 22:46:40 UTC 2006

I have a dell 700m laptop with integrated intel 82852/855GM graphics.
It may also help to note that I have the  Quinn Strom repos in my apt
sources.

until a few weeks ago I was having no problems but since then the 3D
stuff, and only 3D stuff (scorch3d, enemy territory, trigger) has all
started acting up.  the general picture seems fine but lots of
detail/performance has been lost and there appears to be some problem
with fonts in these environments.

I was thinking this was something temporary but after waiting it out I
am beginning to think that something is fudged up.

Anyone else experiencing these problems and/or have a remedy?