[OT] ReiserFS: dm-6: warning: vs-13070: reiserfs_read_locked_inode: i/o failure occurred trying to find stat data

Constantine Evans constantine at evanslabs.org
Sun Sep 17 06:19:09 UTC 2006

You are doomed.

I would suggest getting data that matters to you off of your hard drive.
In my experience I/O failures when trying to read nearly always means
one's HD is dying. If you are on a laptop, it is even more certain. Try
running badblocks on it, but get your data off first. On a modern hard
drive, it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to just tell the
filesystem to not use the bad blocks, as the problem will probably keep
getting worse.

Of course, it could be something else, but I doubt it.

Sorry,
Constantine