Three Linux Operating Systems in One Computer (Is it possible?)

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe.alfaro at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 17:59:56 UTC 2006

> IMO, you can even share the home directory for all distros. I dont
> think it will cause any trouble. Make a seperate partition, and mount
> it as /home for all.

This could be a problem and I wound't do that exactly. Unless you are
using two Linux distributions:

- running exactly the same version of desktop environment (i.e. GNOME 2.16)

or

- running different desktop environments (i.e. KDE and GNOME)

Sharing configuration files between two Linux distributions can make
programs crash or behave badly.

What I would do, instead is setting up symlinks to common data, like
documents, bookmarks and music, and keep configuration files
separated.