help: lost my fat32 share partition....

Eric Hanchrow offby1 at blarg.net
Wed Sep 13 17:30:58 UTC 2006

    Aroon> how do i found my fat32 partition (i dont know what it
    Aroon> would be referred to as in /dev/hda*)

Become root and run "fdisk /dev/hda", then type "p".  That will list
your existing partitions.  Your FAT32 partition is likely still where
it was, undamaged; just note its name (probably /dev/hda1 or
/dev/hda4), and then "mkdir /share", then add an entry in /etc/fstab
to mount it.

--
None of the ... actors do anything we couldn't do if we looked
like them.