Cant hear anything with RealPlayer

Ben Edwards (lists) lists at videonetwork.org
Wed Sep 13 06:11:15 UTC 2006

Tried apt-get install realplayer but got:-

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
  realplayer: Depends: xlibs but it is not installable

Any idea how to fix this?

I then downloaded and installed RealPlayer10Gold.bin from real site and
at first it worked but when I rebooted it now looks like it works but I
get no sound.  The BBC Radio Player even looks like it works but again
no sound.  Between it working and not I have installed helix player
which has since been uninstalled, maybe this is relevant.

Any idea why?

Regards,
Ben