gDesklets Question

Simon Skogh simon at swedishdrunkard.com
Tue Sep 12 23:42:14 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 19:25 -0400, Robert E. Butts wrote:
> I've been unable to connect to a server for the gDesklet weather applets
> for weeks, it seems.  Was wondering, is the server down, or do I have a
> more serious configuration problem?
>
> Is there an alternate server I could point the applets to?

What I've heard, most (if not all) of those applets tries to use the
Yahoo! weather site, but since the release of these desklets, Yahoo! has
updated the layout on their site, leaving the desklets unable to parse
the information. I guess you could re-configure it to use another
website in the source code, but you'd most likely have to write a new
parser as well.