Ubuntu & Postfix

Mike Bird mgb-ubuntu at yosemite.net
Tue Sep 12 18:05:06 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 10:30, Oscar Veloz wrote:
> To be honest I currently have a working mail gateway that runs dapper,
> mailscanner, mailwatch.  It was done with a walkthrough and a lot of
> fumbling around.  Postfix , to me anyhow, is an immense subject.  I just
> bought the book but have not read yet.  What I am trying to do is
> improve my understanding of how these things work.  Thanks, Tom.

Oscar,

If people seem somewhat abrupt, it is because an incorrectly
configured mail server can be a spam relay which can be used
to attack millions of victims per day.

It's OK to experiment in a protected network but you really
need to know what you're doing before you put a mail server
online.

--Mike Bird