file permissions

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at
Mon Sep 11 15:38:38 UTC 2006

Zoltan Szecsei wrote:
>> at first, then something else changes them after two seconds
>> maybe?
> nope - stays like that.
> aaaargh!!! - it stays like that when I cp the zzzx file to the "other"
> directory!!
> I think I should now get back to the software developers to see if
> they've messed up something (in this current version) in the get/put
> routine. (it used to work, but I haven't used the facility since
> installing dapper and the new version of their software !!)
> (this is going to end red-faced :-/ )
sigh - herewith the reply from "product support":

Hi Zoltan,

Yes I know about this bug. You're right, xxxxxxx is causing the problem.

It's fixed and the patch will be available later this afternoon or

Apologies for not thinking this route before I posted my query.

Cheers for now,

Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
P.O. Box 31255, Tokai 7966, South Africa.

B3-106 Tokai Village, cnr Vans/Tokai Rds,
Tokai 7945, Western Cape, South Africa.

Tel: +27-21-7154329  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323