Ubuntu dapper: About LDAP configuration...

Patrick Gelin patrick.gelin at free.fr
Wed Sep 6 07:07:22 UTC 2006

Paul Dwerryhouse wrote:

(...)

> Also, if you run
>
> dpkg-reconfigure slapd
>
> ...then it will ask you considerably more questions than the first run
> installer would, and it then lets you specify the name of the
> administration user yourself.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for this information. I followed the instructions and executed
dpkg-reconfigure slapd. I erased all password and now I login with
anonymous account. But there is still the same problem. With 'luma' client
ldap software, the error after a write is: "(...) Strong Authentification
Required". So where does this problem come from?

Thank you for your help!