Problem installing ubuntu

Jensen, John T j.jensen at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Sep 5 18:00:33 UTC 2006

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 06:03:09 -0400
From: "Tim Schmidt" <timschmidt at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Problem installing ubuntu
To: "Ubuntu user technical support,	not for general discussions"
	<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>

Sounds like the CD-ROM is connected to a SCSI controller that Ubuntu
doesn't know how to use (or just isn't loading the apropriate driver
for)...  a possible solution is to CTRL-ALT-Fx over to a different
terminal, log in, manually load the correct driver (modprobe
driver-name), CTRL-ALT-Fx back to the installer, and hit retry.

--tim

[jj] The CD-ROM is not on SCSI.  It's the 2 HDDs that are on SCSI.  The
CD-ROM is on IDE0 as master.

[jj] However, the suggestion of ctrl-alt-Fx over to a different terminal
is not a bad one.  I might conceivably be able to see what the heck is
going on.  When I get a minute I'll try it.

jj

John Thayer Jensen,
System Administrator, Digital Services,
The University of Auckland Business School

Room 256, 15 Wynyard Street

voice: +64 9 373-7599 ext 87543
FAX: +64 9 373-7696
mobile: +64 21 049-7702