ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 25, Issue 53

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Tue Sep 5 08:58:45 UTC 2006

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 06:11:39 +0100
ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:

Hi,

> Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 07:11:38 +0200
> From: "Tshepang Lekhonkhobe" <tshepang at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: HP Laserjet 3015 does not scan
> To: "Charles Yao" <yaocharlesc at gmail.com>, 	"Ubuntu
> Help and User Discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> On 7/15/05, Charles Yao <yaocharlesc at gmail.com> complained
> about HP 3015's inability to scan and wrote:
> > Thanks guys. I have emailed HP about this problem and hope
> > to hear a response from them. If I get one I will post iy
> > here so that other people with the same problem can have
> > access to it. I already tried their website but the site
> > does not discuss how to install the driver in Ubuntu. The
> > closest I got was to Debian and I still could not get the
> > driver working. So im now crossing my fingers.

What website were you trying?

See the hp official support status for your printer here:
http://hplip.sourceforge.net/supported_devices/combined.html
(search for "3015" on that page)

Now see the apt/ubuntu install instructions here:
http://hplip.sourceforge.net/install/step1/apt.html

and simply follow the text. Be sure to choose "ubuntu", when you
will be prompted to choose your distro. ;-)

> any progress on this one?

well, it depends....

regards
Eberhard