Limited System -> Administration menu

Jatan jrajvanshi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 03:34:21 UTC 2006

Aah, thanks a lot! that took care of the menu issue. But it still
doesn't allow me to access the volume control. The first time I try to
do that after logging in, it gives this detailed message:

"The volume control did not find any elements and/or devices to control.
This means either that you don't have the right GStreamer plugins
installed, or that you don't have a sound card configured."

"You can remove the volume control from the panel by right-clicking the
speaker icon on the panel and selecting "Remove From Panel" from the
menu"

But after that, I get the following message:

"No volume control GStreamer plugins and/or devices found."

As I said previously, it worked fine earlier. Also, I can access the
volumn control from other users of the system.

Thanks a lot!

Jatan