GNOME power management pref

Adam D emlists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 23:01:57 UTC 2006

Adam D wrote:
>> Apple Powerbook G4 15' Ti
>>
>> After some looking around on the system, I have come to see that I can only put the system to sleep under GDM or anything else using ppbuttonsd but when logged into a GNOME session the GNOME power management functions take over and I can't seem to use:  /usr/sbin/pmi action sleep.
>>
>> Can I change the GNOME power management to reflect this so I can lock the screen and put the system asleep?
>>
>> -Adam
>>

> Solved...
>
> I Changed /usr/share/hal/scripts/system/hal-system-power-suspend line:
>
>         elif [ -x "/usr/sbin/pmi" ] ; then
>             /usr/sbin/pmi action suspend force

>         elif [ -x "/usr/sbin/pmi" ] ; then
>             /usr/sbin/pmi action sleep
>             RET=$?
>

> Thanks for the help.
>
> -adam

Well, it does work, kinda...  except that when I resume I get a gui notifying me:  "Your computer failed to suspend.  Check the FAQ page for common Problems." (the 'page' link takes me to this url: http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-power-manager/faq.html#set_power_save)

For some reason HAL did not think it did suspend and had to notify me.  I am thinking that needs to be addressed as a bug report?

-Adam