(EE) messages on Xorg.0.log

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Mon Sep 4 13:30:01 UTC 2006

On 06/09/04 09:26 (GMT-0400) Felix Miata apparently typed:

> I moved my Dapper HD to a faster machine. The old had NV PCI video. The new has i815. I ran 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg', but still get the following error messages instead of KDM:

> (EE) GARTInit: Unable to open /dev/agpgart (No such device)
> (EE) I810(0): AGP GART support is not available.  Make sure your kernel has
> 	agpgart support or that the agpgart kernel module is loaded.
> (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found

> Is agpgart part of some package that wasn't installed for the NV video? What do I need to do to fix this?

I also tried:
modprobe agpgart
which returned nothing, and didn't help.

I also tried:
insmod agpgart
and got:
insmod: can't read 'agpgart': No such file or directory
--
"Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you
have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you;

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409