Multifunction printers for ubuntu?

Graham Martin gcmartin at tsn.cc
Fri Sep 1 22:07:01 UTC 2006

> On Friday 01 September 2006 15:36, alex wrote:
> > I recently posted a question about a driver for the Lexmark
> > multifunction printer X74/X75 and  someone
> > mentioned that multifunction printers don't work well in linux because
> > of driver difficulties?
> >
> > Does anyone have a brand of a printer/fax/copier that they're using
> > successfully in ubuntu without turning
> > the world upside down to make it work?

Hi, I am running Dapper and using a Hp PSC1315 3 in one and it is the
fastest scanner I have tried so far, it is one of the cheaper models.
I have tried a Canon D660U scanner and it scans ok but it is slow
which is a bit annoying.
A friend of mine was using a new Mustek flatbed scanner the other day on
Windows XP and that was slow as as well.
Regards Graham.