Multifunction printers for ubuntu?

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Fri Sep 1 20:38:37 UTC 2006

pe, 2006-09-01 kello 10:36 -0400, alex kirjoitti:
> I recently posted a question about a driver for the Lexmark
> multifunction printer X74/X75 and  someone
> mentioned that multifunction printers don't work well in linux because
> of driver difficulties?
>
> Does anyone have a brand of a printer/fax/copier that they're using
> successfully in ubuntu without turning
> the world upside down to make it work?
>
> alex

I recently installed Dapper to a system which included a HP Photosmart
3210 (if I remember the modell correctly) multifunction printer and the
installation was a complete success.

The scanner worked rightaway without any configuring. To get the printer
to work, I went to System -> Administration -> Printing and did a couple
of simple selections (don't remember exactly what they were). The
printer was correctly detected and a working driver installed.

Ari