how to access machine using telnet

stolu ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Sep 1 08:47:51 UTC 2006

Thanks for all the help. The reason that I want to use telnet is because
my main machine is a windows box but I need to do things on my linux
box. I have tried using a KVM switch which allows you to flip between
machines while using one set of I/O. However the device was not
reliable. I am also contemplating using vmware but I can't help
thinking that I should be able to do it using a network connection. I
only really need command line access. I know the security issues with
telnet and would prefer a more secure way but I don't how else.

--
stolu