Shell Script question

Linda Hanigan haniganwork at earthlik.net
Tue Oct 24 16:46:00 UTC 2006

I am migrating a bunch of programs from RH 7.3 to Ubuntu. I am having
problems with some of my  shell scripts. Below is the first lines of the
script through the line that causes the error and the error. This has
always worked even back to the 1980 with unix any idea what I need to
do? The /usr/tmp directory is present and rwx by the user running the
script. The script is suppose to create the file.

# Mprice_ prints missouiri price list
TEMP=/usr/tmp/price
show=MO
echo "What type of price list do you want? (Q P)"
read style
echo "How many copies do you want? "
read copies
echo "^[E
" > $TEMP

/usr/local/lbin/Tent/Mprice_: line 9: /usr/tmp/price: No such file or
direc tory

Thank you so much
        Linda