microsoft visual studio and JCreator

John K Masters johnmasters at mail4all.co.uk
Sat Oct 28 19:21:15 UTC 2006

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 13:42:18 -0500
smithveg <smithveg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure whetever the visual studio 2003 and 2005 and JCreator
> can be run in ubuntu or not...
>
> Someone give me some suggestion. Thanks.

I would not even attempt it. Visual Studio is tailored specifically
towards the MS environment. While MS Office can run under wine, VS is
far too tied to the Microsoft paradigm.

If you are looking to develop applications there are several
alternatives, many of which are OS independent.

My own favourite, having used C++, Visual Basic and Visual FoxPro
amongst others, is Python. There is even a Java tie-in called, I
believe, Jython.

For some years I clung to Microsoft's skirts but I have found there are
many equal and superior alternatives. Ditch the MS mindset. Discover
freedom.

John