No subject

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 18:50:32 UTC 2006

Running Dual Head with 1440x900 lcd and over extending an old
Dell Trinitron crt at 1920x1440.  Will probably go back to something less
extreme, but it's working if hard to read, and it's fragile, small tweaks to
xorg.conf often break the displays, instead of improving them.  So I'll
get to the resolution tweaking later.

I've got about a half dozen boxes, and I run:

    gdmflexiserver -n -l

to bring up an Xnest window containing a gdm login for the local box.
Haven't tried very hard to get it to pop up in the correct screen.

Would rather it took me straight to the "Remote Login via XDMCP",
but I'm not complaining, yet.

What I really want it to do is put the gdm login in an Xephyr window
instead of an Xnest window.  Then randr will work and I can use
the Screen Resolution gui to tweak my real estate.

Would like be able to drag windows from screen to screen, but
when I try turning Xinerama on the screen resolution/refresh gets
whacked out and I can't see what I'm doing, and randr doesn't
work.

Also I'd like the TitleBar on the window to say Xnest at host instead of
just Xnext, but I'm trying to switch from Xnest to Xephyr anyway.

Drew