X and laptop

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Fri Oct 27 23:31:49 UTC 2006

Johan Ramm-Ericson wrote:

> Not really an answer but some links that I found that may help you. By
> the way; most seem to indicate that running at 1024 x 768 is the way to
> go:

Goodness, people will settle for something inferior won't they.  Breezy
worked fine at full resolution.  X11 configurations haven't been right
since.

> However; I did find this XF86Config file that has everything configured
> at 1400 x 1050 (note that it uses the ati driver!):
> http://zurich.ai.mit.edu/pipermail/omnibook/2000-December/000040.html

thanks.  I might try using that as a starting point on the other hand,
maybe I'll just go back to breezy and move the configuration to a USB
flash disk before trying again.  Once I get it working, I'll file a bug
report.

Thanks for the help.