Linux and Open Source... What is still missing?

YAGNESH N DESAI ynd at hzw.ltindia.com
Thu Oct 26 08:18:09 UTC 2006

I also think Analogue is Analogue
Be it Music or Photography. . . .

While people like me already have these rare numbers on mp3
which I like to hear. Such is the case with many people locked in
mp3 formats.

Yagnesh

On 10/26/06, YAGNESH N DESAI <ynd at hzw.ltindia.com> wrote:

>  Continuing on WHAT IS STILL MISSING is winamps' Plugin
> by name "Enhancer". If you really have ear for music you will
> really cherish Enhancer in winamp which is still missing in XMMS.

OT:

I'm am not a fan of digitally encoded music, because I believe that digital
music kills the soul of the sound.. Try to listen to a music passing through
a vacuum tube amplifier, and you'll hear the difference, because every
second of the sound is bold, you'll hear the hiss of the voice, the stroke
of the drums, guitar, even the mistakes of their vocal tone, that is analog
music! now try listening to a digital music, and it'll just pass into your
ears..

All of my music where encoded in lossless, I once used apple lossless, but
switch to flac because the sound encoding where really different, flac is
more authentic in terms of quality. apple lossless has too much additives,
in bass and treble.

Carpe Diem,
Joel