nvidia nx7600 problems

Damien Hull dhull at digitaloverload.net
Wed Oct 25 01:42:26 UTC 2006

I put the Ubuntu CD in and booted that (live). I opened up an X term and
did some shaking. The system locked up. Found a copy of puppy Linux and
booted that ( live CD ). I opened up some applications and did some
shaking of the windows. No problems.

Looking at the puppy Linux xorg file I found that they use the nv
driver. I don't know why Ubuntu crashed and puppy keeps running. I'll
get the nvidia driver from the website and install that. Now I need to
figure out what I need to uninstall and where to get the kernel sources
from.

I just want to play Battlefield 1942. Oh, and having a 3D desktop would
be nice.

I should mention that my main workstation has an nvidia card and is
using the nvidia driver. It works just fine. It's an older AGP card. Not
sure what model. This makes me think I have a hardware problem with the
other system.

More testing is needed.