suspend-to-disk and uswsusp

Markus Kolb usenet-092006 at tower-net.de
Mon Oct 23 14:09:16 UTC 2006

Eric Lemoine wrote on 23.10.2006 11:50:

> For now, before getting into technical considerations, I just wanted
> to know if someone on the list had a success story with uswsusp on
> edgy?

You have to configure the swap partition. The data from memory is
written to swap on suspend. After restart there must be the kernel
option resume=/dev/<swapdev> The kernel loads memory data from swap and
continues.
That's the theory. I don't know if it will work for you. Here it does
not. I think it is some kind of driver problem. The resume works but it
fails to continue with the old state.
Same with the memory standby mode (S3). It goes to standby. Holds disk
but wakes up immediately and something is broken because the
monitor/graphiccard does not wake up.
The S1 mode works.

So give it a try but don't be disappointed ;)

Markus