Dapper->Eft dependency problems

Craig Hagerman craighagerman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 11:17:45 UTC 2006

Hi,

I decided to try upgrading from Dapper to Edgy Eft. I followed the standard
instructions:

apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
sed -e 's/\sdapper/ edgy/g' -i /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update

apt-get dist-upgrade

But I saw huge dependencie problems at that stage. First it was lots of
errors about locales. I rebooted and no longer see those error messages,but
still have TONS of dependency errors. I have (of course) tried

apt-get -f install

But that fails as well. I will paste below the (long) list of dependencie
errors in case it is relevant.

I am wondering what I should do? I can't seem to force an upgrade. If I just
wait until next week do you suppose everything will suddenly be OK and
upgradable?  Is it possible to do a downgrade (change all sources.list lines
back to dapper and update/upgrade again?) I doubt it.

Craig