Installing New Type 1 Font

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Fri Oct 20 01:03:34 UTC 2006

Don Parris wrote:
> Thanks!  I'll try that soon as I get a chance.  I saw info on installing
> TTFs, but didn't see much that made sense regarding Type 1 fonts.  SUSE/KDE
> provides a nice font installer package, so part of the issue is that I just
> never bothered with fonts under Ubuntu.
>
> I'll let you know how it goes when I get to it.
>
> Don

You are welcome. BTW: I forgot to mention; after you install gfontview, do:

- Right click on the top panel Gnome panel (anywhere that is blank)
- Select Add to Panel
- Click on Application Launcher button
- Select Utilities
- You should see Font Viewer - click on it
- Click the Add button (lower right corner)
- Click Close button

And that's it. To view the Type1 and TrueType fonts you simply go to the
top Gnome panel:
Applications|Utilities|Font Viewer