Enable Unicode UTF-8 for OpenOffice.org 2

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 20:38:53 UTC 2006

On 17/10/06, Sameera Shaakunthala <shaakunthala at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I live in Sri Lanka.
> I use the user interface in English but I often need to type some
> documents in Sinhalese (major language in Sri Lanka).
> In this case I use Unicode fonts.
> When I type in Sinhalese using OpenOffice.org, I see lines of squares
> only - not lines of characters.
>
> In this case I began to believe that there's no unicode support.
>
> So, what's your opinion? Please tell me how to do it WYSIWYG?
>
> * Shaakunthala.

Sameera, what operating system do you use? Windows, Linux, OS-X? If
you don't know, then could you tell me if there is a button marked
Start at the bottom of the screen?

That's the first step. Once I know that, I'll be able to help you.Or
somebody who knows your system.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/bluetooth.html
http://essentialinux.com/tips.php