Installing MS Word with Wine

Charles E "Rick" Taylor IV rick at rickandpatty.com
Mon Oct 16 18:49:12 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 13:29 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
> mtyoung wrote:

> > What programs DO get used a lot under Wine?

> Quicken.  I know a number of people who run no other Windows software on
> their Linux boxen.

Quicken 98, for what it's worth, works fine under wine in Ubuntu.  It
actually seems *more* stable with Wine than it was under (long ago)
Windows 95.

Why run it at all?  Well, the last time I tried to migrate to GNUcash (a
few years ago) it made a huge mess of my accounts.  I'll admit that I've
been lazy - since Quicken 98 does what I need it to do - and have not
tried it recently.

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <rick at rickandpatty.com>
*  Web: http://www.rickandpatty.com
* Blog: http://shrimpandgrits.rickandpatty.com