diagnosing possible hardware problem

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Sat Oct 14 05:47:37 UTC 2006

On 06/10/13 22:03 (GMT-0700) NoOp apparently typed:

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> I tried to do something like that early on. I downloaded the edgy beta DVD
>> iso, verified it, and loop mounted it on my server. But, I never could find
>> usable instructions on how to tell the Ubuntu installer how to use an nfs
>> source, either the raw iso, or a loop mounted iso. All I did find was
>> inferences that it should be doable that way. I subsequently asked where to
>> find such instruction on the ubuntu-devel list (4 days ago) but never got a
>> useful response. Anyone here know?

> Not me, I've not attempted a network install yet. Perhaps these links
> might (or might not) be helpful:
> http://forum.cyberciti.biz/ubuntu-linux-network-installation-using-a-boot-server-vt530.html

That's about PXE/tftp booting, which I'm not doing.

> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/dapper/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/edgy/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/ubuntu-installer/i386/
is where I got my kernel & initrd from to ftp install.

> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/Netboot
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/LocalNet

These too are about PXE/tftp booting. They were among the many advanced
install selections offered on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation
of which none indicate discussion of nfs installation from either raw iso or
loop mounted iso.
--
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him,
and I am helped."				Psalm 28:7 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409