USplash Removal Part Deux

Scott geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Fri Oct 13 19:24:32 UTC 2006

earlier this year (I suppose this was in Dapper) I tried to remove
Usplash altogether.

Apparently the package doesn't do all the necessary configuration one
needs after Usplash is removed (or there was a bug).

I recall that I could not boot into Ubuntu after that.  I don't remember
the specifics anymore but I think it was some sort of GRUB or Kernel error.

I ended up re-installing Ubuntu from scratch.

So then...

This is the long way of asking.: Besides uninstalling the usplash
package, is there anything else one needs to do before they restart
their computer?

And one more question.:  Is there any particular reason so much of
Usplash is undocumented (and how might that change)?

Curiously,

--
	Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com