Serious Evolution Problem

James Strandboge jamie at strandboge.com
Fri Oct 13 19:05:03 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 11:54 -0700, wade at wadesmart.com wrote:
> 10132006 1352 GMT-6
>
> I have only 1G of ram and the line count is at 2690261 - 2 million lines -> and still growing.
> So Im to find the last email I sent and delete it out of this file.
>
> What exactly will that do?

Its not necessarily the last email, but the offending email.  You may
want to read up on the mbox format, but this should get you started.
All email in evolution start with a line like:

>From user at somewhere Date

Note that it starts with 'From ', not 'From:', that is 'From' followed
by a space.  The email is everything from this 'From ' line up to but
not including the next 'From ' line.  Once you delete the offending
email, do:

$ evolution --force-shutdown

(to make sure evolution is really stopped), then you can start it again.
You should forward the offending email to ubuntu or gnome so they can
fix evolution.  Good luck.

Jamie

--
Anemone Computing