Switching to Gnome from KDE

Scott geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Thu Oct 12 10:03:58 UTC 2006

On Thursday 12 October 2006 02:48 am, Constantine Evans
(constantine at evanslabs.org) spake thusly:

> Scott wrote:
>> Kate is the best text editor I've ever used.   The closest thing
>> GNOME has is Gedit. But in fact it's not even close.
>
> Gnome has GVim, in the vim-gnome package. There is also a Gtk 2
> version of Emacs.
>
> Constantine

Kate has several features that other text editors don't. That's why I
like it.  It also took me a few minutes to learn.

Vim or Emas would take me days to learn.

No thanks.

--
        Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com