Please Help, problems installing Ubuntu 6.06

Rick Ziegler rziegler72 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 18:33:46 UTC 2006

I just switched 'Configure SATA as' in the BIOS now, from IDE to AHCI, and also tried switching S.M.A.R.T. on/off, but get the same error messages.

~Rick

cl at isbd.net wrote: On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 10:40:30AM -0700, Rick Ziegler wrote:
>    Thanks everyone for the replies.  I downloaded the latest 6.10 beta, and
>    get a little further.  It starts the screen with the yellow background and
>    Ubuntu logo with the progress bar, but now I see the message:
>
>        BusyBox v1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-2ubuntu3) Built-in shell (ash)
>        Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
>
>        /bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
>        (initramfs)
>
>    If I try 'help' to get a list of commands, none of them really seem to get
>    me anywhere.
>
>    Any idea what this means?

It means you still have a significant problem of some sort and the
installation has dropped you down to a command prompt to allow you to
fix it.

Have you set the BIOS so that your SATA disks have the AHCI interface
set up for them in the BIOS?

--
Chris Green (chris at halon.org.uk)