Please Help, problems installing Ubuntu 6.06

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Oct 6 05:14:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 21:57:18 -0700 (PDT) Rick Ziegler <rziegler72 at yahoo.com>
wrote:
>Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:
>>On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 21:44:41 -0700 (PDT) Rick Ziegler
>>wrote:
>>>Hello,

>>>I'm having problems trying to install Ubuntu 6.06 on a brand new system:
>>>
>>>Intel motherboard with integrated video/sound
>>
>>What is the exact model number of the motherboaard?
>>
>>Scott K
>
>Thank you for the prompt reply.  I haven't rec'd any response >anywhere
else I've gone.  Is there a way to get the motherboard info >from the BIOS
screens, or do I have to open the case to find out?

>~Rick

I think you can probably get it from the BIOS screen, but I'm not sure.
You may have to open it up.  As an example of what you are looking for, I
have an Intel D945GNT.

Scott K