Where is the package manager

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Fri Oct 6 01:15:34 UTC 2006

Tchize wrote:

> Nope, i only have devices, printing, screens, network and system logs,
> no package manager (note, those names might not be exactly the correct
> one, it's French version here)

I had a similar problem (System|Administration) not showing the full
complement of default programs on a problem system before I ended up
re-installing[1]. If I remember correctly I even tried fixing the
problem with Applications|Accessories|AlaCarte Menu Editor, and even
though I had all of the programs checked off, they still didn't show up
in the Administration menu. However you might give the AlaCarte Menu
Editor a try (usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Alacarte).

[1] It was a seriously screwed up system from testing multiple partition
schemes/tests etc., so don't let that dissuade you :-)