image manipulation tool question

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Thu Oct 5 12:01:25 UTC 2006

Chanchao wrote:

> GThumb.

hmmm. does it hurt when you hit it with a GHammer ?

>> She's tried gimp and run away screaming.
>
> Smart woman. Keeper. :)

probably.  Kept her so far for 26 years.  Although, when I turned 50, I
told her I wanted either a mistress or a motor scooter.  So far all but
two people recommend the motorscooter.  After all, it's far safer, more
consistent ride, can be ignored for months and it will still be there,
can be started easily and is ready to go in minutes.  You can even ride
another scooter and not hurt anyone's feelings.

Yes, a scooter (Suzuki Burgman 400) is definitely in my future.

>> Any  suggestions of what picture applications would be friendly
>  > for a magic  user?
>
> GThumb.  Note that for some reason...

that is curious but should be okay in this context.

>> Additionally, are there any tools one could use to perform a
>> batch conversion on a set of images.
>
> Yes, GThumb.   Let me know when I get repetitive. :)

hey, it's no worse than myself when people simply mention anti-spam and
I start going on about proof of work systems.  Worse yet, I pull out the
mathematics behind proof for work systems and adoption rates.  or when
talking about really simple web frameworks and I start talking about
Akasha.

Boy oh boy, do the eyeballs glaze.  Then when I mention I could use some
help, they head for the doors.

> Gthumb.  And it'll even generate the web page for you!!!!!!!

can I make it use a Akasha format instead of HTML?  (see, what did I
tell you)

> Gimme a G, gimme a T, gimme a U....   etc.

how are you at Python and do you have any spare time?  :-)

Seriously, I'll have to take the suggestions I've been given, set them
up for her and stand back.  ever since the infamous "what do you mean
you can't spell Emacs" incident from the spring of 91, I'm very careful
about when to offer help.

---eric