GNOME or KDE

Jared Buck jared.buck at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 06:26:38 UTC 2006

> Is it possible to run KDE applications such as kalzium on the GNOME?

Absolutely :)  i use Kopete (which is a KDE app) on GNOME a lot.  It
may just load a tad slower on GNOME, but that's ok.

> Please tell me which desktop environment is the best. GNOME or KDE?
> Please describe each other (technically and non-technically).

This is generally a matter of personal preference.  I use both just
because I'm a picky person.   Right now I'm running in GNOME but will
switch to KDE later.  It's more like what my mood is, helps me pick
which interface i want to play with at that particular time.

Jared