/dev/sda3 37G 35G 0 100% /mnt

Muddy Islander mudislander at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 17:29:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am having some problem with my Kubuntu desktop. I found some
applications  acting strange and rebooted the machine. It shows the
KDE log  in screen but KDE did not load properly. The system halted at
a black screen. I rebooted in rescue mode, looked around and found df
-h gives a stange output:  /dev/sda3    37G   35G     0 100% /home
fsck did not find anything wrong:

$ sudo fsck /dev/sda3
fsck 1.38 (30-Jun-2005)
e2fsck 1.38 (30-Jun-2005)
/home: clean, 1079769/4889248 files, 9319367/9765511 blocks

The CPU is AMD and I was running the k-7 kernels. I have tried the 386
kernel but  got the same problem.  Trying to log in with the failsafe
mode at the KDE log in did not work either.

I googled a bit but could not find similar problems reported. Any
suggestions would be very appreciated!!

Hao