[was supposed to be: Upgrade to Edgy] SOLVED

Janne Jokitalo janne.jokitalo at dnainternet.net
Wed Oct 4 02:25:52 UTC 2006

Derek Broughton wrote:
> janne.jokitalo at dnainternet.net wrote:
>
>> Just wanted to let everyone at ease and tell that you need
>> to use gksudo, not gksu. The wiser can tell us why... :)
>
> Being a kde, not gnome, user I don't know for certain, but would guess that
> gksu needs the _root_ password and gksudo needs _yours_ - and you either
> gave the wrong password or you don't have a root password at all.

Hello Derek,

hmmm... I do have a root password, but wouldn't you assume gksu to inform me
  that the password was incorrect, instead of carrying on checking for updates?

I suppose you're right, though, according to man gksu, since there's a
switch for running it as a specified user. Unspecified probably means root,
but it's hard to tell from those pages.... ;)

--
Jaska