Edgy Apt misbehaving

Ted Quick rim_molder at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 13:43:50 UTC 2006

I've been trying to get Edgy working here. First try wouldn't run apt or Adept at all. Tried again
and Adept was working for a while, trying to upgrade files, since it didn't want to do anything
else at that point. It shut down about halfway through and now when I try to run it it tells me
that adept_manager is running the database files with another application, and I should close it
before using Adept.

So how to I find what application is running, since this comes up after a reboot, and never goes
away? I am not aware of ANY applications that are running at that point, but Edgy thinks there's 1 going......

Ted Quick
Need a website? Look at: http://www.rqh-webhosting.com/