Ubuntu MD5 hashes

DDowney ddowney100 at eircom.net
Thu Nov 30 17:05:21 UTC 2006

Hi

I ran an MD5 sum generator test on the ubuntu-6.10-desktop-i386.iso
which I downloaded and got the result c3122feb671406db4f82706808437c04.
Now the website, https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuHashes says I
should be getting b950a4d7cf3151e5f213843e2ad77fe3 for the same file.
Does this means my download has been corrupted and I should delete it? I
used MD5summer, http://www.md5summer.org/.

If so could someone please explain to me how to use BitTorrent to
re-download Ubuntu 6.10. The download page,
http://www.ubuntu.com/products/GetUbuntu/download?action=show&redirect=download,
says that when you click on a location near you, you will see an option
for a torrent file. I had downloaded BitTorrent and restarted FireFox
but nothing appeared on the download page, and the file took an hour to
download.

Thanks

Dermot