Cannot remove flash memory

norman norman at littletank.org
Thu Nov 30 16:21:33 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 19:29 +0530, Aniruddha Shankar wrote:

> Lorenzo Taylor wrote:
> > Maybe your flash drive is similar to mine.
> Really speaking, however, there's no standard for the LED on a flash drive. I've
> seen drives without leds at all or with LEDs that stay on even if the drive is
> plugged into a computer without an OS. You might want to check with the
> manufacturer's website

This has been a most interesting thread and has made me be observant. I
noted that my USB stick has a steady flash most of the time. However, on
selecting eject, the flash becomes quite rapid for a short time and then
settles back to the steady flash. The rapid flash seems to coincide with
the bar movement in the eject window. So, clearly it is safe to remove
the stick once the rapid flash is finished.

Norman